The programme responds to four enablers of energy access: Clean energy technologies aimed at household level access as well as access for productive uses; Energy delivery mechanisms, Business models and innovative responses to energy distribution challenges; Consumer environment e.g. Consumption and technology adoption patterns, Marketing innovations and end-user demand stimulation, and Policy mechanisms to promote new energy access markets, energy tariff setting and regulatory challenges related to new technologies. Apart from the technical skills, this programme places strong importance on soft skills. Graduates will become innovators, entrepreneurs, effective communicators, problem solvers, and leaders in the energy sector. Students will engage in collaborative learning, laboratory activities, computer simulations, field exploratory tours, community based learning activities and exchange programmes to gain a deeper understanding and practical experience of the real-life problems in the energy access sector.
We have the edge….
- Flexible mode of programme delivery: e-learning platform, option for block sessions
- Multidisciplinary teaching and learning: a stimulating learning environment
- Strong industry network and partnerships: funding and employment opportunities
- Practical and entrepreneurial orientation
- Gender responsive programme